In an effort to enhance our wellness initiatives, NEW U offers activities and programs throughout the year to guide our employees to healthier choices. Members of the Independence Blue Cross medical plan with Ursinus College have the option to receive an additional contribution to their Health Savings Account (HSA) by committing to be a wellness participant. By electing to be a wellness participant each employee will receive an additional $300.00 HSA contribution.
If the wellness participant satisfies the wellness requirements by June 13, the participant will receive $300.00 at the end of that month. If the wellness participant satisfies the wellness requirements by December 12, the participant will receive the $300.00 at the end of that month. If the wellness participant does not satisfy the wellness requirements by December 12, 2014, the participant will not receive the additional $300.
How to Complete Wellness Commitment Form
- Check your Ursinus email account for your unique Wellness Commitment Form link.
- Be sure to keep this email so that you can return to edit your form when needed.
- Complete the form.
- You can re-enter/edit the form as often as you need.
- Click the save button and exit out of the form if you wish to return to the form at a later date for completion.
- Follow the same instructions to go back to edit your form.
- Do not electronically sign your name or hit submit until you are you are completely finished and ready to submit your form.
If you do not remember the date that you completed your Health Risk Assessment (HRA) on ibxpress.com, you can check by logging back into your account with ibxpress.com and using the health and wellness tab.
If you are entering an individual wellness activity that is part of your ongoing fitness routine, please enter the time frame of your routine. For example, if you jog three times a week throughout the year, please enter January 2014- December 2014 as the date of your activity.
Four Requirements to being a Wellness Participant in 2014:
- Complete a Health Risk Assessment via ibxpress.com by March 31, 2o14.
- Participate in at least 5 activities throughout the year in a wellness activity sponsored by NEW U or individual activities. These 5 activities must be in at least 2 of the following categories: nutrition, stress management, fitness & wellness education.
- Receive one dental screening/cleaning or an annual vision screening.
- Receive one preventative service (e.g. annual routine exam, mammogram, colonoscopy, etc.)
2014 Wellness / NEW U Activity Points
- Completed the NEW U 2014 Chair Challenge (Feb 3rd- Feb 28th)
- Completed the NEW U 2014 Stairs Challenge (March 3rd- March 30th)
- Completed the NEW U 2014 Walking Challenge (April 1st- May 13th)
- Yoga hosted by Linda Talone (April 9th-May 14th)
- Obtained a Flu Vaccination
- Completion of the Eat Right For Life Series (March 27th- April 24th)
- Attended an Active Threat Workshop (March 13th or April 14th)
- Participation in the Tennis Clinic hosted by UC Men’s Tennis Team (April 12th-May 3rd)
- Participated in at least 3 Bike Rides with NEW U/UC BikeShare (April 1st- May 1st)
- Attend the NEW U Wellness Fair 2014
- Participated in Aqua Zumba with Becky DiMino (hosted by UC Aquatics)